I'm looking at putting together a Home Assistant RasPi (Home Assistant) to control my house, but it looks like it can also control
    • Roku
    • Kodi
    • Philips Hue
    • Sonos

So I'm jacked that I can turn off my kids' viewing with a RasPi.

How does your automation help your streaming habits.
    04-16-2018 05:59 PM
    I use my Alexa devices, Dot (installed in my Kitchen), Tap (bedroom) and UE Blast (wherever, lol) to control my lights AND my Fire TV Box.
    04-17-2018 11:11 AM
    I don't use one for now. Since there's no minors in the house yet but when my cousin arrive, we might need one too.
    10-23-2018 11:45 PM
    Now I need to get this for my Shield!
    10-25-2018 08:17 PM
    I'm also using Alexa devices in the home to control lighting and HVAC controls.
    10-30-2018 09:33 AM
    Now I need to get this for my Shield!
    Apparently the streaming Gods were listening! You can now control the NVIDIA Shield TV with Alexa. Setup was not the smoothest in the world, and it often gets confused with the Open (app) command, BUT its great to turn off and on with Alexa. I have 3 light (4th on the way), and now my Shield which can all be controlled with voice.
    10-30-2018 12:07 PM
    I'm a Google Assistant type of guy, I got the Home Mini. Echo is better for home control but Google is better for tasks in general imo. I control three TP-Link light bulbs and use it mostly for music.
    10-31-2018 10:12 AM

Jim Paskell

I have a Harmony 650, (about $38.00 at Amazon). I have it set up to work with my ROKU express+. It does everything you would want it to do. This having YouTube tv with no ability to control without a remote is nuts. Turns on the receiver, tv and works just like my system with a DirecTV box used to do.

I'm lazy, one control does it all.

Jim
    11-02-2018 08:12 PM