OK, I'm new at this. I've rediscovered CordCutters. I think it can help me with our TV viewing. We don't have cable/satellite. Haven't had any for years. However, what we are experiencing is diminishing TV reception in the back of our house. I don't understand, as the transmitting towers haven't changed - at least as far as I know, but the fact of the matter is the reception in the back of the house is down to just a few channels.

What brought me back to CordCutters was the video clip I saw of someone (don't know his name) on Windows Central, who had a nice setup to watch OTA TV, using an antenna on the house and running a cable from that antenna to the cable TV's box on the outside. I thought using that box was not allowed. Am I wrong about that?

If I am wrong about that, what sort of cabling do I have to use to go from antenna to the cable box on the outside of the house?
    08-18-2018 09:32 AM
    They may have used the box to make the connection easier. I don't think it's required; you should be able to go straight to your TV from the digital antenna.
    10-29-2018 12:19 PM
    Yes, you can connect an HD antenna directly to the cable input on your tv. The box you reference could have been a signal booster or DVR unit.
    10-29-2018 09:20 PM