Ok, I know you're suppose ground the antenna mast and the coax cable for outside setup. But I have 3 questions:

1) If you have a full mast that goes in the ground and is supported half way up at the roof eve, do you still need to ground it with a grounding block given it's already planted in the ground?

2) I have an APC power strip surge protector that all my AV equipment is plugged in to. It addition to power receptacles it includes 3 sets of coax ports - you plug the antenna in one and out through another to the TV. Since I have this surge protector, is it still necessary to ground the coax outside at the antenna with a coax grounding block?

3) TVs in my house are fed from my ATT Uverse DVR by coax to a box outside with a splitter branching to other TVs in the house. This splitter has a grounding screw (that is currently not used). Do I need to ground this splitter even though the coax is grounded at the antenna (or surge protector; question 2 above)?

Thanks for your help!
    03-28-2020 08:54 AM
    Maybe @Lee_bo can help here?
    03-28-2020 08:55 PM
    Ok, I know you're suppose ground the antenna mast and the coax cable for outside setup. But I have 3 questions:

1) If you have a full mast that goes in the ground and is supported half way up at the roof eve, do you still need to ground it with a grounding block given it's already planted in the ground?
    At the half way up point, I would make sure there's a rubber liner between the mast and the clamp. That way if the mast is hit by lightning, the lightning will go into the ground and not into the house.

2) I have an APC power strip surge protector that all my AV equipment is plugged in to. It addition to power receptacles it includes 3 sets of coax ports - you plug the antenna in one and out through another to the TV. Since I have this surge protector, is it still necessary to ground the coax outside at the antenna with a coax grounding block?
    It wouldn't hurt for the same reasons above.

3) TVs in my house are fed from my ATT Uverse DVR by coax to a box outside with a splitter branching to other TVs in the house. This splitter has a grounding screw (that is currently not used). Do I need to ground this splitter even though the coax is grounded at the antenna (or surge protector; question 2 above)?

I'd probably leave this one alone and only address it if an issue arises.

Thanks for your help!
    03-28-2020 09:21 PM