The problem I'm facing is very poor OTA reception, even with the best antenna. I'm thinking about getting a tuner that can be controlled remotely (e.g. SiliconDust HDHR5-4US), installing it at a friend's house in a good reception area, and streaming live TV from his network. Has anyone else tried this?
    04-17-2019 03:17 AM
    The problem I'm facing is very poor OTA reception, even with the best antenna. I'm thinking about getting a tuner that can be controlled remotely (e.g. SiliconDust HDHR5-4US), installing it at a friend's house in a good reception area, and streaming live TV from his network. Has anyone else tried this?
    Welcome to Cord Cutters.

I was just looking at this link:

HDHomeRun CONNECT QUATRO (P/N: HDHR5-4US) – SiliconDust SHOP

And while it does specifically say "Watch live HDTV on up to 4 devices simultaneously on your WiFi or wired network", it doesn't say anything about streaming from location A to location B. However, since it's OTA, I don't see why you couldn't do that. But I don't have any personal experience with this so I can't say that it will or won't work.
    04-17-2019 08:02 AM