Folks,

I saw another thread asking about our full streaming setup.....

What I'm running (With video & links!)

So I was wondering if we could and should start a thread dedicated to our Audio setup. Do you have a sound-bar? Or is your setup more elaborate. Please let us know AND show pictures IF you want!

For me its an Amazon Basics 2.1 sound-bar WITH built in sub woofer. It works pretty well AND the price was right, 70 dollars. It's back up to regular price now, but STILL under 100!

Amazon.com: AmazonBasics 2.1 Channel Bluetooth Sound Bar with Built-In Subwoofer: Electronics
    04-16-2018 03:45 PM
    I have crappy sound that comes out of my 11 year old TV, lol!
    But I get great sound on my wireless BT headphones when I stream something from my Mi Box.
    04-16-2018 06:01 PM
    I have a Vizio soundbar that has a wireless subwoofer. I'm pretty happy with it overall, particularly considering it's price. I've had it now, from what I recall, for over a year.
    04-16-2018 06:48 PM
    Currently using the Yamaha YAS-107:

Yamaha YAS-107BL Sound Bar with Dual Built-In Subwoofers & Bluetooth

It's a little pricey ($199 MSRP) but does have internal subwoofer that sounds pretty good.
    04-17-2018 08:52 AM
    I have crappy sound that comes out of my 11 year old TV, lol!
    But I get great sound on my wireless BT headphones when I stream something from my Mi Box.
    Most of the time I'm using my airpods with my Apple TV and don't even use the sound bar.
    04-17-2018 08:53 AM
    I'm old school. I have an old Sony 5.1-channel receiver with a Sonos speaker for streaming. Since I prefer having a old school receiver, especially for vinyl, I'm probably going to get a Sonos Connect, that way I can use whatever receiver works.
    04-17-2018 10:44 AM
    No soundbar here, but I did think about getting one. I have a Bose Wave Soundtouch that I connect to my television, & 2 Soundtouch 30s that can be connected if I’d like to hear what’s streaming from another room. So far this works for me and my partial minimalist setup.
    05-10-2018 08:43 AM
    No soundbar here, but I did think about getting one. I have a Bose Wave Soundtouch that I connect to my television, & 2 Soundtouch 30s that can be connected if I’d like to hear what’s streaming from another room. So far this works for me and my partial minimalist setup.
    Soundbars range in cost (and quality) from as little as 50 or 60 to has much as several hundred. I think the Sonos one is 700.00 BUT you can get really nice ones in the 200-300 range.
    05-10-2018 01:09 PM
    Soundbars range in cost (and quality) from as little as 50 or 60 to has much as several hundred. I think the Sonos one is 700.00 BUT you can get really nice ones in the 200-300 range.
    Cost isn’t an issue...I tend to buy what I like, which is an issue in itself lol. I think I’m going to pass on getting a soundbar, at least for the time being. I have a very simple setup in my loft & I don’t think I really need it. But that’s not to say I won’t change my mind later on LOL
    06-17-2018 10:07 AM
    Cost isn’t an issue...I tend to buy what I like, which is an issue in itself lol. I think I’m going to pass on getting a soundbar, at least for the time being. I have a very simple setup in my loft & I don’t think I really need it. But that’s not to say I won’t change my mind later on LOL
    I just spent 70, and I'm VERY happy with this one......

Amazon.com: AmazonBasics 2.1 Channel Bluetooth Sound Bar with Built-In Subwoofer: Electronics
    06-20-2018 06:09 PM
    That’s a great deal!! I might check Amazon Bookstore & see if they have one in there that I can look at. I’m still not in the market to buy one but looking doesn’t hurt LOL
    06-25-2018 08:52 PM
    In my living room, I have the same AmazonBasics soundbar that several others have. I've been using it since last November and it's adequate but nothing to write home about. I have the new Sonos Beam on order (7/21) and am looking forward to it.

In the den, I'm currentlu using a Bose SoundTouch 10, fed by an analog cable to the Aux input. When my new Beam arrives, I plan on moving the Amazon soundbar in here.

I have 3 of the Bose ST 10's that I'm going to be selling as I move over to Sonos.
    07-04-2018 09:28 AM