Well, yesterday was the day. I turned in all 4 cable boxes and the phone modem, and upgraded the cable modem. We went from $250-ish for the bundled package down to $65 for 100 meg internet and $40 for YouTube TV, and already get free Netflix with our Tmobile One plan.

I have to give Charter credit, they tried every trick in the book to keep me as a tv and phone customer. I explained that we never, NEVER, use our home phone. If it rings, it's a telemarketer. As for tv, we're only watching about 10 channels of the few hundred we were getting. I also told then that the 50-ish channels YTTV has more than covers what we'll watch for a huge savings. They tried again to make another offer. Then I looked the CSR right in the eyes and told then that they WERE NOT LISTENING TO THEIR CUSTOMER. At that point a manager came over and apologized, then thanked me for being an almost 30 year tv subscriber and took tv and phone off my account and upgraded to 100 meg internet.
    05-10-2018 11:18 AM
    FIOS was pretty much the same for me. They REALLY want to keep you locked in to the "triple play"! lol I finally got a helpful rep who told me of a way I could get their best internet only rate 39.95 +10 (modem rental). I had to close my triple play account, THEN almost immediately I'm considered a new customer, BUT I waited a day. THEN I had to sign up for service online (it's an online only special). NOW the best part, when I told them I already had a modem, that I could use, lets just use that, they told me I HAD to have them send me a new modem (yes its the exact same model), and that I had to return the old me. Also I had already paid my latest triple play bill so I had to wait 2 months for a refund! lol
    05-10-2018 01:15 PM
    UPDATE:

During the cutting process, Charter changed their internet speed from 100 megs to 200 megs for the same price.

SHWING!!!!!!!!
    05-30-2018 02:26 PM
    Nice! I’m stuck at 100 on FIOS, but it’s only 39 a month.
    05-30-2018 02:41 PM
    Nice! I’m stuck at 100 on FIOS, but it’s only 39 a month.
    I think we're paying $64.99. I'm still not complaining. We're getting about 250 down and 30 up.
    05-30-2018 05:11 PM