I'm in the process of moving my family to Utah, and the brand new (literally, brand new) townhouse I viewed has Comcast, because of a deal with the HOA.

I don't know what speeds I can get, but I know that internet is included with the water/sewer/trash fee.

Other than the customer service and the 1TB cap, anything else to worry about?

I'm planning on bringing my own modem and wireless routers.
    04-16-2018 03:55 PM
    Have fun in Utah, I miss living there; I fell in love with the mountains. I'm guessing you are in the SLC area (Wasatch Front)? At the moment, I can't think of any helpful tips for dealing with Comcast.

My one thought, though, depending on your mobile service is that you might want to take a look at Xfinity Mobile. The line fee is waived when you are an Xfinity Internet customer -- then you either pay by the GB ($12 per GB, and data is shared by all lines) and also an unlimited service at $45/month. You can have both an Unlimited lines and Pay As you go lines on the same account, unlike Verizon postpaid (they are a Verizon MVNO). Service is through Verizon. Up until roughly the start of the year they required you to bring a phone but you can now use your own iPhone, and I'm not sure if they offer that you can bring your own Android (if not yet, I believe it should be "soon") -- though you must sign up at an Xfinity Store for BYOD.
    04-16-2018 06:08 PM
    The cap does not always apply, they don't have it in my area. Also 1T IS a lot per month, it might work fine for you. Having your own modem would save you money, BUT since the cost is already factored in it might not in your case.
    04-16-2018 07:12 PM
    I'm in the process of moving my family to Utah, and the brand new (literally, brand new) townhouse I viewed has Comcast, because of a deal with the HOA.
    Having never dealt with any HOA, I'm assuming they won't allow you to bring another service in, if available?
    04-17-2018 07:57 AM
    The cap is the only thing that scares me w/ Comcast.
    05-16-2018 12:58 PM
    Having never dealt with any HOA, I'm assuming they won't allow you to bring another service in, if available?
    I can have DIRECTV or Dish Network install TV, but I can't use Google Fiber, any of the local fiber companies, or CenturyLink at all.

Exclusivity sucks.
    08-09-2018 02:02 PM