I was able to receive our local Fox affiliate on my over the air antenna until they had to redo their signal due to FCC regulations. Now when I scan for the Fox channel I can not receive it. I have not moved the antenna or tv from the position it was in when I was receiving the channel. Any thoughts?
    05-15-2019 07:46 AM
    I was able to receive our local Fox affiliate on my over the air antenna until they had to redo their signal due to FCC regulations. Now when I scan for the Fox channel I can not receive it. I have not moved the antenna or tv from the position it was in when I was receiving the channel. Any thoughts?
    I would do a web search for that station's OTA channel and see if it's been moved or taken down. FCC regs may have made them stop broadcasting OTA.
    05-15-2019 08:00 AM
    Thanks for your response. I Just talked with engineering at the local Fox affiliate. They are not back at full power yet since the changes in signal required by FCC. It will be approximately 4 weeks until they are back at full power. They have to raise their antenna back up a 1000 feet and the schedule to do this is dependent on the weather. They are currently experiencing weak signal issues particularly south of Columbus, OH. At least this is the information I received.
    05-15-2019 08:47 AM
    Excellent. Glad you found out.
    05-15-2019 10:39 AM
    Thanks for your response. I Just talked with engineering at the local Fox affiliate. They are not back at full power yet since the changes in signal required by FCC. It will be approximately 4 weeks until they are back at full power. They have to raise their antenna back up a 1000 feet and the schedule to do this is dependent on the weather. They are currently experiencing weak signal issues particularly south of Columbus, OH. At least this is the information I received.
    It's good to know the cause and that you'll eventually be able to get it again!
    05-16-2019 12:08 PM