Be careful what you wish for!Be careful what you wish for!

Watch UFC 245 Exclusively on ESPN+

Watch UFC 245 Exclusively on ESPN+

Expand Minimize
Be careful what you wish for!
    I started watching TV back in 1951 and my perspective on what it is today is depressing. Yes, we have orders of magnitude more to watch, people can spend their lives living other peoples lives, probably not the right decision. So what does the future of entertainment hold for good citizens?

This is getting tricky, anyone who is reading this is probably not a prisoner of a TV guide. There is so much to watch and so little to see. My interests in what I watch have evolved over the years, and my standards have significantly changed. My question for this post, how will Cord Cutters help me and everyone find and keep connected to the best source of meaningful entertainment the world can provide?
    Bill Ames
    If you ask I will help, that works both ways.
    01-01-2019 08:59 AM
    Yes interesting times are ahead. I think the future is in independent content creation. Think YouTube. Also I think content even from “professional” services will and IS very streaming friendly. No longer will you be required to have an antenna on a TV, or a cable box in order to watch content. A computer, a tablet, a phone, etc will be how we consume media. This is already happening with Netflix, Hulu, etc.
    01-01-2019 04:59 PM
    Yes, I remember tv guide. While I'm still a few years from retirement, I did grow up watching Hee Haw, The Carol Burnette Show, Barney Miller, etc. Tv then was, well, funny. Today's TV.......well, I don't like most of it. Right now my favorite current tv show is Big Bang. It's funny without being violent or vulgar.

So, to answer your question:
    My question for this post, how will Cord Cutters help me and everyone find and keep connected to the best source of meaningful entertainment the world can provide?
    I'm hoping that more, well, older people visit and join and can give their input of really great stuff to watch.
    01-01-2019 05:03 PM
    Some of the programs in the list were very important to me.

1951 in television - Wikipedia
    Last edited by Bill Ames; 01-01-2019 at 07:20 PM.
    Bill Ames
    If you ask I will help, that works both ways.
    01-01-2019 05:37 PM
    Some of the programs in the list were very important to me.
    I can't argue with that. But I've realized that tv of yesterday is NOTHING like tv of today. Also, society is different now rather than back then.
    01-02-2019 07:54 AM