I am very interested in CordCutters; we have a new forum here that needs some activity. I am retired, a senior, my profession was Software Quality Assurance, and I have both hardware and software development in my resume. I have also cut the cord. I do not spend much time watching TV; I will agree it had improved since the early 50s when I started watching, but it has also gotten a bit out of hand lately and has lost some of its appeals.

Because I can, I will spend time watching the flow of communication here and contributing when appropriate. One question that comes to me is how does CordCutters make money?
    Bill Ames
    If you ask I will help, that works both ways.
    01-08-2019 05:45 AM
    I think a lot of revenue from across all Mobile Nations sites comes from ads. And while I understand ads pay bills, they also slow down browsers.
    01-08-2019 08:01 AM
    I think a lot of revenue from across all Mobile Nations sites comes from ads. And while I understand ads pay bills, they also slow down browsers.
    Yes, ads are relevant. We all see ads at the sites we frequent. However, we frequent them because they are supposed to be solving a problem we have. What are the issues that CordCutters is addressing? Is the site organized to support finding solutions to the visitor's problems? It seems to be that just being here is not enough; it must attract people that can be exposed to the ads (that are the revenue stream for CC.)
    Bill Ames
    If you ask I will help, that works both ways.
    01-08-2019 10:14 AM