Imagine this; we enter a world where every house, every room has a direct connection to the internet via fiber optics. All content is free with unskipable ads or a very small, by viewing, fee with a maximum total limit based on your income. When you reach the limit, you are stuck with the ads. All cords are cut except for the power company. You can watch on any device in your home.

Next, we must focus on the impact on people. All able to watch anything, will it be beneficial or cause the people, of all ages, to lose their ability to think? If so much stuff to watch is terrible are we back to needing a way to cut the consumption of this addictive medium? If it is awful in the future is it not wrong now? Can anyone imagine it not being evil?

If it is bad, then cutting the cord now would be bad for the people?

I am biased. As a youth, I played outside, read a lot of books; TV content was minimal, phones had a dial and computers were as big as a house. Are people today aware of what they are doing?
    Bill Ames
    If you ask I will help, that works both ways.
    01-02-2019 03:22 PM
    I hear you. I regret giving my 9 year olds tablets and phones! But that's the reality, with BYOD etc.
    01-03-2019 04:28 AM
    Until you do what is best for your 9 YO you will probably not enjoy TV that much. When I was 9 we did have the Sat afternoon doubleheaders and the western serials.
    Bill Ames
    01-03-2019 05:47 AM
    Until you do what is best for your 9 YO you will probably not enjoy TV that much. When I was 9 we did have the Sat afternoon doubleheaders and the western serials.
    Unfortunately Bill, times were different when you and I were growing up than things are today, and will be just as different in the future. Today's technology didn't exist back then. Back then we knew where everyone was by the number of bicycles in a front yard. We build forts and had BB gun wars.

I look at movies like Matrix or the Terminator series and I think we're really not to far from that happening.
    01-03-2019 08:10 AM
    I lived in Levittown, NY with unlimited flat roads, no cars because one car families and pop were at work. A bicycle was all I needed. We did not shoot our BB guns at anyone, we knew better. xD I am trying to get you interested in some of the stuff I watch so let me know if I should persist. Yes, a different world, and it will be what the children make it.
    Bill Ames
    01-03-2019 08:33 AM