I'm curious, has 'cutting the cord' actually helped you save money? It seems like there are new streaming services launching every week, each with their own subscription costs, and they add up quick!
    I think for most people, cancelling cable is a great way to save money, but it will quickly become easy to pay way more than cable costs if you sign up for all the things.
    01-17-2020 12:42 PM
    It has helped me reduce costs for sure. I was paying my ISP nearly $180+/ mnth for Internet and Cable and then on top of that, I was paying for Netflix and Hulu. I was able to switch providers, ditch the cable and ultimately save $80+/mth.
    01-17-2020 01:29 PM
    Cable is expensive 280/mo tv Internet, router, DVR/TiVo main tv, 1 mini TiVo, 4 digi tuners. Considering Sling, not sure what I'll still
    need to keep in terms of harware and what the bill will be. Still gotta have the tuners I assume $$$$, Internet $$$$, ditch TiVo? A bit of a learning curve. Thanks in advance or if you could, please direct me to a more appropriate section.
    01-18-2020 05:28 PM
    Try a different service for tv
    01-19-2020 08:35 PM
    Cable is expensive 280/mo tv Internet, router, DVR/TiVo main tv, 1 mini TiVo, 4 digi tuners. Considering Sling, not sure what I'll still
    need to keep in terms of harware and what the bill will be. Still gotta have the tuners I assume $$$$, Internet $$$$, ditch TiVo? A bit of a learning curve. Thanks in advance or if you could, please direct me to a more appropriate section.
    For any of the streaming TV services, such as Sling, Hulu with Live TV, YouTube TV, etc you will need a Smart TV that supports the service, OR a streaming box such as a Fire TV, Android TV, Apple TV, or Roku. Some smart TVs come with either Roku of Fire TV built in. These boxes cost anywhere from 25 to 200, 50 being around the average cost. Some include local channels some require you to have an antenna for locals. TiVo should work with your locals IF from an antenna, but maybe not if from a streaming service.
    01-23-2020 07:45 AM
    We were paying almost $300 with the Spectrum bundle. Then started researching and fast forward to now, we're paying $65/mo for 400 meg Spectrum service and $60/mo for YouTube TV. No need for land lines so we got rid of those since we use our mobile phones/devices for everything.
    01-23-2020 08:13 AM
    I'm curious, has 'cutting the cord' actually helped you save money? It seems like there are new streaming services launching every week, each with their own subscription costs, and they add up quick!
    I think for most people, cancelling cable is a great way to save money, but it will quickly become easy to pay way more than cable costs if you sign up for all the things.
    The price of streaming TV alone isn’t the only problem. You must also factor in other unforeseen expenses, like the basic nourishment you need while watching every movie, TV show, and sporting event in existence.

With food, as with TV, I must have a taste of everything, so I’ll pay DoorDash $10 per month for fee-free delivery, plus another $10 per month to Uber Eats to cover all the restaurants DoorDash doesn’t work with. I should probably do a little cooking too, so count me in for a $35-per-week Martha & Marley Spoon plan for fancy meals, a $52-per-week Sun Basket subscription for “globally inspired” organic fare, a $12-per-week Purple Carrot subscription for plant-based dining, and a $129-per-month Butcher Box subscription for those times when I just crave a steak. That’s probably enough to make sure I don’t miss out on any flavors, though I should also add a $200-per-quarter luxury wine box to wash it all down, plus a $50-per month luxury watch subscription to keep track of all the time I’ve frittered away in my man cave.
    03-01-2020 07:21 AM