Im about to cut the cord. I have Xfinity now...the bundle of 3...I need to get rid of all but internet. Im going to try Youtube Tv first for the live stations and i have Netflix and Hulu already. The only internet offered here is Frontier DSL at 12m/12m at around 30 per month, or Xfinity 300 at around 100 per....big difference, but i cant have buffering problems. Even if i pay the 100, I'll be saving at least 150 per month. Anyone here using DSL?

OOPS...just looked at the topic spelling errors...very sorry,
    Last edited by spark363; 01-20-2020 at 01:59 PM. Reason: spelling
    01-20-2020 01:19 PM
    Title fixed!

DSL could work, but streaming-wise 12/12 is pretty slow, but on the borderline of OK. 300 would be much better, however you might have a tough time getting Xfinity to give you special discounting because you are "downgrading". How many people in your household? If its just you, or just you and your significant other, you are probably ok, BUT if you have a few kids you may need the extra bandwidth.
    01-21-2020 11:20 AM
    Mostly just me and her....occasionally the kids and grandkids
    01-21-2020 04:06 PM
    Mostly just me and her....occasionally the kids and grandkids

I feel you may run into issues with DSL.
    01-21-2020 05:21 PM
    Thanks....I was on the edge cause I’m basically cheap. But I think I’ll go with the cable
    01-22-2020 03:46 PM
    So not much gaming. TV/movie and cell who
    knows what all...videos, chat???? Viewing. Currently Atlantic broadband cable. dsl CenturyLink available at 1/2 price. 40 Mbps is what we're considering. Assuming 40 is not reliable, could we be satisfied even at 20? Reviews are terrible for CenturyLink so need to chat with local users. From a Mbps standpoint only, is 40 adequate? Don't want to crawl back to cable company.
    01-23-2020 12:17 AM
    if your home is close to the Frontier sub-station box, you can get good speed for streaming ... used Frontier in Florida .... they bought the part of Verizon service in my area ... and it was as good as Verizon (maybe a year) until I had a modem issue ... then Frontier was the worst. They came to replace a modem and ending up removing me from their local sub-station box ... just shut me down. Could not add me back they said .. no space in the local box ... seemed like nice people .. but everyone told a different story of what happened. For the internet I had to move to Comcast and paid more and felt good about it. Took a year to resolve the money they were deducting from me .. such antics ... hope you have a choice .... and if not hoping your experience is better ...
    01-23-2020 11:44 AM
    Frontier took over att here. Only dsl at 12m/12m. Comcast is the only other provider. I have them now and I’m dropping the bundle and just getting internet from them. I didn’t want to, but dsl is too slow, of course Comcast is charging me full boat on the net even though they give special reduced prices to new customers. I’ve been a customer for 35 years, but no special price for long timers. Wish I could drop them altogether.
    01-23-2020 06:28 PM
    For sure. Companies seem to entice but not reward. Shopping is your only option.
    We currently have the costly luxury of cable and a landline. How could I experiment to see if DSL is too slow/ unreliable
    before unsubscribing to cable? Paying both bills, if possible, would be ok with me provided I don't need a contract with centurylink for DSL. Seeing is believing. Mostly streaming tv. Occasionally two tv/ movies at once with a third either on iPhone or desktop doing homework. Around 50mbps top speed with DSL provider. So what is the best, cheapest, firsthand way to pull this off? Thanks
    02-02-2020 01:17 AM
    We had terrible luck with AT&T's U-Verse and ended up with Spectrum and have been very happy with it.
    02-03-2020 09:45 AM