Hello,

I'm attempting to get rid of Dish. I currently pay $25 for service, and $15 for Hopper DVR with the ability to utilize Dish Anywhere. I also have DirecTV Now, and access to major networks via OTA.

Every channel that I watch I receive on either DTVN, or OTA. The only use I have the Dish for is DVR. I also prefer to not stream 100% of the time because I don't want to go over in data through my ISP.

I own a Homeworx PVR which does a decent job on a secondary TV, but if I were to get rid of Dish, I would like to replace the Homeworx with something more robust. I do want to have the option to watch/stream DVR content on more than one TV

I've looked into HD Homerun, Channel Master, and AirTV. I don't feel that they fit my needs 100%

Is there a device that has four tuners, the ability to have on-board DVR storage via HDD, online capabilities to stream DVR content to other TV's and have an HDMI out to allow to watch DVR content directly though the device?
    03-14-2019 07:49 PM
    Hello,

I'm attempting to get rid of Dish. I currently pay $25 for service, and $15 for Hopper DVR with the ability to utilize Dish Anywhere. I also have DirecTV Now, and access to major networks via OTA.

Every channel that I watch I receive on either DTVN, or OTA. The only use I have the Dish for is DVR. I also prefer to not stream 100% of the time because I don't want to go over in data through my ISP.

I own a Homeworx PVR which does a decent job on a secondary TV, but if I were to get rid of Dish, I would like to replace the Homeworx with something more robust. I do want to have the option to watch/stream DVR content on more than one TV

I've looked into HD Homerun, Channel Master, and AirTV. I don't feel that they fit my needs 100%

Is there a device that has four tuners, the ability to have on-board DVR storage via HDD, online capabilities to stream DVR content to other TV's and have an HDMI out to allow to watch DVR content directly though the device?
    Hello there elgobbes. Welcome to Cord Cutters.

While I don't have any experience with hardware DVR's, there are a few here that do so hopefully they will chime in.

Just curious but have you looked at Youtube TV? You can watch on three devices simultaneously and has a DVR feature, but it's all in the cloud, and you did comment that you don't want to go over your ISP data.
    03-15-2019 03:03 PM
    Hello there elgobbes. Welcome to Cord Cutters.

While I don't have any experience with hardware DVR's, there are a few here that do so hopefully they will chime in.

Just curious but have you looked at Youtube TV? You can watch on three devices simultaneously and has a DVR feature, but it's all in the cloud, and you did comment that you don't want to go over your ISP data.
    Thanks for your response.

I actually went through every stream service and made a spread sheet with every channel offered and which service offered it.

I came to the conclusion that if my Directv Now plan doesn’t change, that I would be better off sticking with them. I have the “go big” package. One channel I do want included is Comedy Central, and it seems the old DTVN plan and Sling are the only two that offer it. I’m also getting HBO from DTVN. I mainly want to supplement the DTVN with OTA DVR because the storage on DTVN isn’t enough for all the network tv shows that I DVR. I do also want to use less data, but I’m pretty sure I would stay under my cap.

As far as a device, I would say having the ability to watch on other TV’s is the lowest priority. I watch most DVR programs from one TV, but I have the option to use Dish Anywhere if I want to watch on another TV.

The main thing that I would want is that the device has an HDMI out to allow the ability to access DVR content without having to necessarily stream it.

I think four tuners would be ideal, but I could probably get by with two.

I also noticed that some of these OTA DVR devices send the signal in 720p, and I’m not sure how good that would look on a TV.
    03-15-2019 05:49 PM