In Canada we have a few major telcos that control television. As a result, regular cable packages are crazy expensive, it's common to spend $150/month on a generic cable package. For $25 Sling offers even more than the regular cable package in Canada which will run you about $75.

With that being said, through VPN's and DNS services I've got Sling, HBO and Netflix spending about $50/month with way more than I ever got on regular cable. I've also got a number of free services like Crackle, Pluto TV etc.. way more than I could ever need or watch.

I'm very interested in the different ways to virtually relocate myself to access different things all over. I love tinkering with VPN routers and all sorts of services with varying degrees of reliability and trade offs.
    05-07-2019 11:07 AM
    Welcome to CordCutters Ryan! Yea a VPN can be VERY handy. Through the use of a VPN you might be able to get BBC iPlayer working, and/or Zattoo. Zattoo is very interesting. You might already be able to use it in Canada, BUT set your Country as Switzerland and a bunch more channels will pop up! lol
    05-08-2019 08:47 AM
    Thanks pkcable, I do have BBC iPlayer on my FireTV, amazing that it's all free. I'll going to check out Zattoo, never heard of it but I'm pretty impressed with the European services so far!!
    05-08-2019 05:56 PM
    I just hope all these companies don't start restricting their app with VPN use. Before we switched to YouTube TV, I tried the Spectrum TV app on my phone. Turns out you had to be on a Spectrum wifi network and if you used a VPN you would get a message that the app doesn't support VPN use when launched.
    05-09-2019 11:24 AM
    Hello and welcome to CordCutters! It's nice to have you here!
    05-13-2019 09:20 AM
    Don't miss Pluto TV also, a completely free streaming service.
    05-13-2019 01:17 PM