Hello. I am a retired senior living here in Melbourne, FL. I am very high tech type and use my PCs for everything. I also enjoy writing. I cut the cord before I moved to FL from CT. Started with Direct TV Now and it was so unreliable I switched to Spectrum's limited package. My Internet is too expensive, and I would change if I found one with no cap. I would love to earn some coins writing for CC; you know where to find me. I am a retired senior SQA engineer. I watch Netflix because it has two of my favorite shows. One is Wakfu and the other MLB. I enjoy talking.
    12-30-2018 11:23 AM
    Welcome @BillAmes! I'm a cord cutter also. I have FIOS internet only and I use Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime videos. As for writing for Cord Cutters, you might want to reach out to @Phil Nickinson

Phil Nickinson — Mobile Nations
    12-30-2018 09:09 PM
    Welcome Bill. Another cord cutter here also. I have Spectrum 200 meg internet and YouTube TV. We also have Netflix for free via Tmobile.

Welcome to Cord Cutters.
    12-30-2018 09:31 PM
    This is a very important place, this CC world. I am using all the leads I have to connect to some writing tasks. They (CC et al) need to ask me questions as I do not know what they need.

I will now move to a general CC forum to see what discussions I can start. I will ask the tough questions and will answer any sent in my direction. At 75 I have developed many opinions.

Being on Netflix is just a start, watching Wakfu and MLB is necessary.

In a few minits I will be connecting to the stream from Sydney to watch the NYE shows.

Thank you for your reply.
    12-31-2018 02:27 AM
    Well, I went looking for the proper forum in which to post. Fail.
    BTW, when I replied to you I did a quote and it expanded the address in your post so when I tried to send it was flagged as spam and I had to remove the quote.

Now, my fail. I was looking for the most appropriate forum for talking about CC. However, while there are many many items listed not one is "CC". So my question for you, which forum is most appropriate for CC discussion?
    12-31-2018 03:36 AM
    Now, my fail. I was looking for the most appropriate forum for talking about CC. However, while there are many many items listed not one is "CC". So my question for you, which forum is most appropriate for CC discussion?
    Bill,

First off sorry for the moderation issues, our automatic spam filter sometimes is a bit too strict. CC tech/management is still adjusting it. When manual moderation is needed (which should be most times). It’s just me and 1 other mod so sometimes it takes a little while to get things approved.

Anyways you are correct, there is no general CC discussion sub forum, and I will see about getting one added.
    12-31-2018 10:10 AM
    Bill,

First off sorry for the moderation issues, our automatic spam filter sometimes is a bit too strict. CC tech/management is still adjusting it. When manual moderation is needed (which should be most times). It’s just me and 1 other mod so sometimes it takes a little while to get things approved.

Anyways you are correct, there is no general CC discussion sub forum, and I will see about getting one added.
    Be sure that is what you want to do. It will give me a wonderful opportunity to dive into what CC is and how I think it can do things better and what the future holds for it. At my last job before retiring I was helping develop a Time of Flight Mass Spectrometer. A tool that weighs atoms. I expect to ask a lotof questions and expect management to provide answers. I also expect management to have many questions already addressed so answers will take little effort. Is there a signature in this forum?
    12-31-2018 10:37 AM
    Be sure that is what you want to do. It will give me a wonderful opportunity to dive into what CC is and how I think it can do things better and what the future holds for it. At my last job before retiring I was helping develop a Time of Flight Mass Spectrometer. A tool that weighs atoms. I expect to ask a lotof questions and expect management to provide answers. I also expect management to have many questions already addressed so answers will take little effort. Is there a signature in this forum?
    Bill,

Forum added!

https://forums.cordcutters.com/discussion-f56

Negatory on the signatures. We used to have them at other Mobile Nations sites such as Android Central, CrackBerry, and iMore, but because those sites cover mostly things mobile and many of the members were browsing from devices, it was decided to remove signatures. And that decision has carried forward to our newer forums too.
    12-31-2018 04:54 PM
    No signatures?

Hmmmm.
    12-31-2018 06:35 PM
    I have a signature now, am I supposed to?
    Bill Ames
    If you ask I will help, that works both ways.
    01-01-2019 08:24 AM
    Looks like we DO have them.
    01-01-2019 05:06 PM
    I think for now signatures are being allowed, again since the site is relatively new.
    01-01-2019 05:06 PM
    Looks like we DO have them.
    Shhhh......don't say anything too loudly. LOL
    01-01-2019 05:07 PM
    When will my avatar show? When can I put images in my posts (saves at least a 1000 words each.)

So, you like SF? You need to meet Code Lyoko.
    Bill Ames
    If you ask I will help, that works both ways.
    01-01-2019 05:48 PM
    When will my avatar show? When can I put images in my posts (saves at least a 1000 words each.)

So, you like SF? You need to meet Code Lyoko.
    You should be able to insert images now, I think. I see you at 17 posts so you should be ok.

As for avatar, that seems to be something the folks behind the scenes are working on.
    01-02-2019 07:52 AM