Cutting soon...from Ct and weekend in the Catskills.
    01-18-2020 10:54 AM
    Welcome!
    01-20-2020 10:50 AM
    Hopefully I can get this post to work. I can't go on paying Comcast 260 a month. I just got a place in the Catskills and have Mid Tel internet put in at 50 per month. I cant even mirror my Comcast up the as its (not my home wifi). There is an OTA antenna there that gets only 4 stations but no ABC. I have a Roku and a fire stick I also have Netflix and Hulu. I want live TV as well. I just started Youtube Tv at the 15 day free trial. Hopefully the combination of services I have will let my justify cutting Comcast out. (i know the savings will help immensely). I still need internet at my Ct home to use Youtube, but they still want around 90 for the service. It kills me to use them just for internet, I feel they are just too expensive. They are the only game in town and know it. Anyway I'm looking forward to getting good info and advice here.
    01-20-2020 11:44 AM
    I've rapidly reached the point of cutting the cord, myself. When I get my internet service back up, it will be with the Mediacom Xtreme service running at 100Mbps, which allows for pretty seamless streaming form my TCL Roku TV, and my Smart Blu-ray player, and happily, from my Fire tablet again. Now that service packages are becoming more readily available, it's just too hard to pass up.

We've also used a very nice AT&T broadband modem for streaming, as well. I have it installed by the front window, and with its large reception antennas, and the height it's installed, we have no problems using it through our apartment. Tough times have moved that service to the back burner, though. The best part about the device, however, is its portability and service most places we will go.
    05-17-2020 11:58 PM