My wife and I decided to cut the cord a couple of yrs ago. Our DirecTV satellite bill was $120 (without any movie channels) per month. We got tired of overpaying for channels we never watch.
    I was first introduced to tv streaming by my wifes nephew when he told me about PlayStation Vue. I had a PS3 that rarely got used, and decided to do some research on Vue. When I saw that it was much cheaper, and
    after finding the channels that we wanted; it was a no brainer to go for it.
    After having Vue for a few months; we learned they dropped channels that we liked; without dropping the price. Then a friend of mine told me about a new beta streaming network through DirecTV called DirecTV NOW, and how if you order it they will send you a Amazon FireTV Stick, and give you the top package for $35 per month...again, no brainer!
    We did have some minor buffering problems, but fixed it after upgrading internet and router.
    We have now had DirecTV NOW for over 2 yrs, and couldn't be happier.
    One plus is we have many people asking about it. At first people were confused especially since we still have our dish on the roof. Telling them that it's internet based is difficult for people; especially the older crowd like parents and grandparents. They're still not used to this ever changing tech stuff.
    We just got her family to cut the cord after finding out the low cost. We got them all Amazon FireTV Sticks so they can cut the cord, and use whatever apps they want.

Some people are still really leery of having to pay for tv, and other changes.

It's still the best and cheapest way for us, and we couldn't be happier.
    01-22-2019 12:38 PM
    Welcome to Cord Cutters! I use mostly Netflix, but I did have and liked DirecTV Now.
    01-22-2019 03:43 PM
    Greetings and salutations. Welcome to Cord Cutters.

We use primarily YouTube TV, but have Netflix via Tmobile and Amazon Video via our Prime account.
    01-23-2019 10:53 AM