So with the new price hikes of $15 in the past several months I am starting to look at other services. I feel like DTVNow is the most all-around completed service with its now old packages. I was able to get the intro at $35, HBO $5 and the third stream at $5. Now with going to $50, $15 and $5 for a total of $70, I am looking for something different.

I do not mind dropping HBO, to keep it at $55. But I was hoping to see if anyone had some alternatives to OTT services.

I am liking YTTV, it has the one sports channel we like in my area, but does not have a few options that I currently have and like, as in History so I was thinking about Philo as well which then starts getting me closer to DTVNow prices, especially if I do the $20 Philo. And on top of that, I still want/need HBO for GoT soon.

So all together, I am just looking for other options. I do have Plex, that I could add an antenna on to but I do not get many channels near me, just the normal news channels that I would get on those services plus I am using Locast as the OTA service.

Hope someone can help, thank you
    03-14-2019 10:28 AM
    So with the new price hikes of $15 in the past several months I am starting to look at other services. I feel like DTVNow is the most all-around completed service with its now old packages. I was able to get the intro at $35, HBO $5 and the third stream at $5. Now with going to $50, $15 and $5 for a total of $70, I am looking for something different.

I do not mind dropping HBO, to keep it at $55. But I was hoping to see if anyone had some alternatives to OTT services.

I am liking YTTV, it has the one sports channel we like in my area, but does not have a few options that I currently have and like, as in History so I was thinking about Philo as well which then starts getting me closer to DTVNow prices, especially if I do the $20 Philo. And on top of that, I still want/need HBO for GoT soon.

So all together, I am just looking for other options. I do have Plex, that I could add an antenna on to but I do not get many channels near me, just the normal news channels that I would get on those services plus I am using Locast as the OTA service.

Hope someone can help, thank you
    Hey there ccigas, and welcome to Cord Cutters.

I feel your pain. We cut the cord almost 2 years ago but went with Youtube TV because it had all local channels that we had with Spectrum including CBS as we are huge Big Bang Theory fans.

I believe trends today are going to require several different subscriptions to give someone all the channels they are looking for.

Now I love good documentaries, and YTTV has NatGeo, NatGeo Wild and Smithsonian. No Discovery, but I'm tempted to give Curiosity Streams a try as the commercials look really good.

Screen Shot 2019-03-15 at 2.51.37 PM.jpg

Hope this helps.
    03-15-2019 01:58 PM
    I just ditched DirecTV Now for Sling TV. There's a promotion right now for Sling TV where you can get both orange and blue packages for $25 for 3 months. I'm just bummed that it doesn't have local channels, but I'll buy a digital antenna for like $25 and I'll be okay.
    03-15-2019 06:36 PM