Was with Spectrum in central NC, just called to cancel my tv package, but keep my internet. Maybe I got hoodwinked, but they said only internet package available was 100 Meg/sec and my internet bill is going from $35 to $65/month, which eats up most of my budget for streaming service replacement.

I was hoping to find spectrum options online to see if they had any other tiers or better pricing, but i cannot find a listing or anything of the type, they really have that locked down apparently. DSL will be a struggle to say the least, I'm out in a rural area and 2 meg is the fastest they will offer me, so I'm stuck with Spectrum. Any tips/hints on negotiation or finding a better rate? I'm fine with considerably less than 100 meg internet, most of my past speed tests rarely pass 20.
    09-03-2019 01:49 PM
    Was with Spectrum in central NC, just called to cancel my tv package, but keep my internet. Maybe I got hoodwinked, but they said only internet package available was 100 Meg/sec and my internet bill is going from $35 to $65/month, which eats up most of my budget for streaming service replacement.

I was hoping to find spectrum options online to see if they had any other tiers or better pricing, but i cannot find a listing or anything of the type, they really have that locked down apparently. DSL will be a struggle to say the least, I'm out in a rural area and 2 meg is the fastest they will offer me, so I'm stuck with Spectrum. Any tips/hints on negotiation or finding a better rate? I'm fine with considerably less than 100 meg internet, most of my past speed tests rarely pass 20.
    Hey there, @Robert Brown39. Welcome to Cord Cutters.

We were paying over $200 with Spectrum's bundled service of internet / telephone / tv. I called to cancel all but internet and was told $64.99 for 200 meg service. That plus YouTube TV and we cut our "tv bill" by over 50%.

I'd definitely call them back. For that price you should be getting 200 meg service, or less than that if you wanted to stay with 10 megs, if they even "let" you do that.

And I'm in upstate SC so those speeds should be available to you.
    09-04-2019 07:34 AM
    Hi Robert! Welcome to Cord Cutters. I agree with @Lee_Bo! I'd definitely call them back. It seems to me that when someone calls to cancel, they are motivated to retain current customers.
    09-04-2019 07:38 AM
    Here in Tampa Florida our two ISP locally, Frontier and Spectrum, won’t offer current terminating subscribers the same deals as new initializing subscribers. If you cancel and return equipment, then new deal comes rolling in within 72 hours. At that point why switch back? We learned to change every year back and forth. If that’s not possible and better offers exist for new customers with your ISP then hard option is to cancel service in your name and start in spouse name for instance. That or wait 2-3 days to restart service.
    09-04-2019 08:55 AM