I'm just about to cut the cord, so I'm testing out a Roku with different apps and services while still on DTV.

I just fired up a Roku and trying the A&E app for on demand shows. Anything I stream through the app is very soft, not sharp HD clarity. If I use the A&E app on my phone to cast to my Chromecast, it starts off fuzzy, but will clear up in a few seconds as the picture buffers. This doesn't happen on the Roku. FWIW, the two sticks are on different parts of my network, but each have a router within 10ft of them, and are on their own SSID, so network speed is not an issue. I stream channels like Foxnews live in clear HD on the Roku just fine, and get about 30-40mbps on the network test. I tried History, another A&E network, and it was the same. Bravo and Discovery were maybe a bit off, but near TV quality, and much better than A&E.

Is this just how A&E on Roku is? PC and phone are crystal clear as well, the only issue is Roku.

Thank you.
    01-16-2019 11:18 AM
    I'm just about to cut the cord, so I'm testing out a Roku with different apps and services while still on DTV.

I just fired up a Roku and trying the A&E app for on demand shows. Anything I stream through the app is very soft, not sharp HD clarity. If I use the A&E app on my phone to cast to my Chromecast, it starts off fuzzy, but will clear up in a few seconds as the picture buffers. This doesn't happen on the Roku. FWIW, the two sticks are on different parts of my network, but each have a router within 10ft of them, and are on their own SSID, so network speed is not an issue. I stream channels like Foxnews live in clear HD on the Roku just fine, and get about 30-40mbps on the network test. I tried History, another A&E network, and it was the same. Bravo and Discovery were maybe a bit off, but near TV quality, and much better than A&E.

Is this just how A&E on Roku is? PC and phone are crystal clear as well, the only issue is Roku.

Thank you.
    Hello there, @wings91. Welcome to Cord Cutters.

While I'm not familiar with Roku, there are several here that are and hopefully they will jump in the conversation when they see it.

Thanks.
    01-16-2019 03:21 PM