Recently moved and wanted to try to have our antenna set up in a separate location (ie not right behind the TV) like I had in the old house. Before I was about to walk through the unfinished area of the basement to figure out where to hook up the antenna, but in the new house everything is in the walls. We do not have an outdoor antenna. Any idea on how to find where to plug in the antenna?

There is a spot where there is an old power inserter in another part of the house. I'm thinking about disconnecting that and seeing if the antenna will feed to the basement coax plug...
    07-16-2019 12:47 PM
    Do you have an attic? That is a good antenna location also.
    07-17-2019 08:48 AM
    Yes we have an attic but I'm hoping to use the existing cable lines in our house. I think I have found where the main cable lines enter our house on the back of the house near our electric lines but can't figure out how to trace them once they enter the house.
    07-17-2019 08:57 AM
    you'll need a certain powerful antenna if you leave it indoors. outdoor placement is preferable.
    07-17-2019 10:21 AM
    Thanks, it worked fine inside before and is working fine inside now, just would prefer it to not be an eyesore hanging above our TV. I'm pretty confident this one can't be placed inside since it has to be plugged into a power source.
    07-17-2019 10:34 AM