I have a cabin where I use a Verizon mifi for internet. I dropped DirecTV Now because they still haven't added our locals. I was able to get all channels the same at my house and my cabin. I've tried Hulu and Spectrum's new pick 10, but neither will allow me to access channels from my cabin on my Roku. I even set-up Hulu with my cabin location as the home location and it says you can't use over cellular. I can still log-in through my laptop and stream it to the TV using a cord, but this is a pretty inconvenient work around. Anybody know of a service that will work over a cellular mobile hotspot?
    12-04-2018 08:12 AM
    it could be a settings issue. Dig around in the Roku settings as well as the settings for the programs you use. Might be a toggle for Allow Streaming over Cellular, OR Turn OFF WiFi only. It should be fairy obvious.
    12-04-2018 10:30 AM
    I had a similar situation the Saturday after Thanksgiving. We were at the lake (no wifi) and wanted to watch a few college games on the tv. Since Apple TV won't connect to a mobile hotspot, I had to connect my MacBook to me mobile hotspot, open Youtube TV and then airplay to the Apple TV. It wasn't the best option but it worked.

So will the Roku connect directly to your mobile hotspot but gives a message that it can't be used over mobile?
    12-05-2018 09:58 AM