I have a Roku 2 and two tv's. I know that if I install Roku 2 on one tv, I'll need another Roku 2 or another streaming device for the other tv. My goal is to cut cable completely, and want to know the cost, if any, for Roku 2, and if I'll receive basic channels and perhaps some others?
    06-28-2019 08:49 PM
    Yes you need a second Roku, OR some other type of device, such as a Amazon Fire Stick (or other Amazon device), Android TV device (Shield, MiBox, or a generic one), OR an Apple TV. You will need a TV subscription from a provider such as Sling, Fubo, DirecTV, YouTube TV, Hulu TV, etc. If you are looking for just the basics a good choice might be Philo, which has a 16 dollar a month plan.

PS: Not all services support all devices, BUT most support Roku.
    07-01-2019 10:34 AM
    Cost for a Roku is going to vary (slightly) depending on there you buy it. And as stated above, you will also (probably) need a subscription from a streaming service to get all the channels you want.

However, if you just want local channels, grab an OTA antenna.

I don't think you'll get any local channels with Roku, and you get some freebies, but probably not all that you are looking for. I personally have YouTube TV as it gives me (and the family) all the channels we were looking for when we cut the cord about a year ago.

Oh, and welcome to CordCutters, @motleycamg5.
    07-01-2019 10:53 AM