Hey everyone,
    I need a new tv. I currently have a Roku Tv and like it for the most part. I would like to buy a 65" tv that will allow me to install the following apps that I watch regularly. I do not want to have to use the app from a phone or other device and cast. I found a great deal on a Hisense 65" tv for $350 at BB but it did not support a few of the apps. Took it back. I am also looking for a budget tv as I don't really care about high quality picture or other top end features but I figure a 4k tv is necessary for future compatibility.

Watch ESPN
    Netflix
    Amazon Prime
    Sling
    ABC, FOX, NBC apps

I know Roku will handle these but i cannot cast to Roku from my Pixel phone. I also like the idea of a full featured remote which roku tvs do not have. I also have a fire tv dongle but don't like it as much as Roku. I get the feeling I will wind up getting another Roku tv but wanted to know if any alternatives exist that will meet my criteria.

Thanks for your input
    04-13-2019 03:44 PM
    How about getting whatever TV meets your quality desires and grab a Roku device to plug into it to meet your app needs? I have a Roku Express (I got it free but they're not expensive) on my main TV. This route allows you the flexibility to get any TV you want but still have the features you want.

I have a 2014 LG TV that is still GREAT, I've gone the Roku device route to allow me to more easily use YouTube TV and Sling on that TV (which doesn't support a native app for either service). I actually have a Roku TV in the other room but that Roku is A LOT slower to load feeds than the Roku Express.

I'm fairly certain my Pixel 2 XL can cast to the Roku devices, I know my Tab S3 certainly can.
    04-13-2019 09:00 PM
    I actually have a Roku to and two Roku express boxes. The boxes are a few years old and slowing down. I just thought I would see if there were alternatives. I would also like to have a full featured remote. I feel I will likely go the Roku TV route as I don't think there are many viable options.
    04-13-2019 09:08 PM
    We couldn't find a smart tv that had everything we wanted so we ended up getting Apple TV's for all the rooms in our house.
    04-13-2019 10:22 PM
    I have heard VERY good things about the TCL 65in Roku Series 6.

https://forums.cordcutters.com/e?lin...token=LfTQ3rh3
    04-15-2019 01:21 PM
    interesting information
    04-17-2019 12:57 PM