Anyone here ever attempted to get customer service from ROKU? I tried to set up a new ROKU express and it would not allow me to do so. It said I must call customer service.

I did and was told I was only allowed two devices on my account. They wanted to charge me up to $99.00 to add one more.

The customer representative was Asian Indian and difficult to understand. Excessive background noise didn't help.

I asked to speak to a supervisor. He (also Asian Indian) said I had a network problem. He hacked into my computer, said I had viruses and offered to clean them up for $200.00.

I think I was hacked Hy ROKU.

Please let me know your experience with their customer service.

Thanks,
    Jim
    11-04-2018 08:58 AM
    Sounds like you were victim of a scam, but it was not Roku themselves. Here is what they have to say on the matter, its actually a fairly well known scam.....

Roku

THIS is their real support page......

Roku
    11-04-2018 04:59 PM
    Pkcable,
    Yep sounds like a scan. Not sure that they have access to my system anymore, hope not. I'll have to contact CenturyLink and see what I can do. Glad I didn't pay any money.
    BTW you said you had the real support page but it never showed up. I dont trust anyone on the net. I'll search it.
    Wonder how a scammers number got from ROKU advertised number to the scammers.

Thanks for the note.
    Jim
    11-04-2018 08:47 PM