Anyone here ever attempted to get customer service from ROKU? I tried to set up a new ROKU express and it would not allow me to do so. It said I must call customer service.

I did and was told I was only allowed two devices on my account. They wanted to charge me up to $99.00 to add one more.

The customer representative was Asian Indian and difficult to understand. Excessive background noise didn't help.

I asked to speak to a supervisor. He (also Asian Indian) said I had a network problem. He hacked into my computer, said I had viruses and offered to clean them up for $200.00.

I think I was hacked Hy ROKU.

Please let me know your experience with their customer service.

Thanks,
    Jim
    11-04-2018 07:58 AM
    Sounds like you were victim of a scam, but it was not Roku themselves. Here is what they have to say on the matter, its actually a fairly well known scam.....

Roku

THIS is their real support page......

Roku
    11-04-2018 03:59 PM
    Pkcable,
    Yep sounds like a scan. Not sure that they have access to my system anymore, hope not. I'll have to contact CenturyLink and see what I can do. Glad I didn't pay any money.
    BTW you said you had the real support page but it never showed up. I dont trust anyone on the net. I'll search it.
    Wonder how a scammers number got from ROKU advertised number to the scammers.

Thanks for the note.
    Jim
    11-04-2018 07:47 PM
    Sounds like you were victim of a scam, but it was not Roku themselves. Here is what they have to say on the matter, its actually a fairly well known scam.....

Roku

THIS is their real support page......

Roku
    Pkcable,
    Could you attache the support page you mentioned? Or the URL that would direct me to it?
    Thanks,
    Jim
    12-10-2018 07:10 AM
    Roku

click on where it says Roku
    12-14-2018 10:06 AM
    https: // support.roku.com/ index
    12-14-2018 01:31 PM