Will ROKU Ultra allow me to plug my ROKU box via HDMI into my Denon receiver and be able to get my surround sound system sounding as it should?

All I get now with my ROKU express is stero.

Anyone have a hint?

Thanks,
    Jim
    12-06-2018 04:28 PM
    Hey Jim.

Unfortunately I h ave 0 experience with Roku so hopefully someone will reply with an answer you are looking for.
    12-07-2018 12:35 PM
    Thanks Lee_bo,
    I am not sure anyone will have an answer yet. This is kind of new and it looks like soundbars are taking over surround sound systems.
    Jim
    12-07-2018 05:41 PM
    Thanks Lee_bo,
    I am not sure anyone will have an answer yet. This is kind of new and it looks like soundbars are taking over surround sound systems.
    Jim
    Is there advantages in purchasing TCL made Roku TV over any other SmartTV other than Roku obviously? Any disadvantages?
    12-08-2018 06:52 PM
    Thanks to all who responded. After consulting my receiver's instruction manual, imagine reading the instructions.......I figured out how to set up my surround sound system to make my ROKU work for my YouTube TV.
    It was a matter of resetting some parameters on the speakers and some other things I don't quite understand.
    I have a ROKU Express and am happy to say it does work with my system.
    Thanks again,
    Jim
    12-10-2018 07:56 AM
    Is there advantages in purchasing TCL made Roku TV over any other SmartTV other than Roku obviously? Any disadvantages?
    Chuck,
    I would think there would be no advantage. With all the ROKU systems that are out there and have been for many years I can't see an advantage.
    Unless ROKU can suggest any, I would say not. Not being familiar with that TV I really don't know. It may be that the Roku box is built into the T.V. and, therefore, no need for a separate box.
    Perhaps someone who owns one would be able to help.
    12-10-2018 08:03 AM