Honestly, I figured this was coming.

Got an email yesterday announcing a $10/mo price increase but also getting 8 new channels:

Effective today, April 10, 2019, YouTube TV includes channels from Discovery Inc. All members will now have access to Discovery Channel, HGTV, Food Network, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Animal Planet, Travel Channel, and MotorTrend. In addition, EPIX is now available for an additional charge. Finally, weíll be including the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) later this year.

To keep bringing you the best service possible, we are also updating our membership pricing. The price for new and existing members will be $49.99/month.

The updated pricing will continue to include DVR with unlimited storage space, up to 6 accounts per household, and 3 concurrent streams. No additional fees are required for broadcast, HD, set-top box, or DVR.
    I also got this when I got home yesterday and powered on the Apple TV and launched YTTV:

IMG_7100.jpg

I can live with $10 more a month. But more importantly, so can the wife. :-)
    04-11-2019 12:22 PM
    I love the channels, but I think it's still steep, compared to what we're already paying (Netflix, Hulu, and Prime). And while I love the new channels, and could live with the cost, I know my husband could not! LOL! But it would be nice. We could dump Hulu and Netflix... hmmm!!!
    04-11-2019 12:31 PM
    I'm OK with the bump. If they were to add A&E I could dump the Sling subscription. Even with the bump I'm still saving over $50/month compared to Spectrum.
    04-11-2019 07:03 PM
    They should have grandfathered in existing customers at least for a bit!
    04-12-2019 11:25 AM